To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

When is my bill due?

Your bill is due the 16th of every month and late fees are assessed the following business day, please view our bill payment options for all of the payment methods we accept. 

Who is H2O Innovation?

H2O Innovation is contracted to handle the operations and maintenance for Westwood North WSC. For more information please contact our office. If you are recieving the H2O Innovaiton answering service message this is due to our office being closed at the time the call is being placed. H2O is capable to handle all emergencies calls on behalf of Westwood North WSC. 

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem. You may also verify the meter reading by locating the meter box in the front easement of your property and confirming that read is the same or greater. 

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area. If you find that your meter has been turned off. Do not turn the meter back on as this may be a billing concern and any tampering of the meter may cause additional fees to be assessed. Contact our office to have the services restored. If your meter is on, it may be a break in the area, sign up for alerts to be notified of such events. 

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look. You may contact the office or after hour services for a water quality call and Westwood North will have the area flushed. You may also flush your own house line, begin flushing by running the tub and or shower and faucets for 5 minutes in the bathroom furthest from the house meter (if a two story home start upstairs) making your way through the home. 

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.25 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety. States samples are avaiable at any time on the TCEQ Drinking Water Water website as well as you may view the water quaility report avaiable yearly posted on our website.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Are the meter reading read each month or estimated?

The meter reads are physically taken each month on or around the 20th. Reads are never estimated. If you are unable to read your meter due to condensation or due to the meter being burried please contact our office to have this resolved. 

How to determine who services my area?

You may contact our office to determine if you service address fall in our CCN boundaries. You may also contact the local health department or view the PUC Water & Sewer CCN viewer to see who services your area. 


How to I become a volunteer Board Director?

The Corporation's Board of Directors currently holds five Directors positions. President, Vice President, Secretary Treasurer and two Directors positions. Members of the Corporation may contact the office for an application to apply/run as a candidate for Dirctors positions seventy-five days prior to the annual meeting held on the second saturday of February each year. To qualify for a Directors position you must 18 years of age or older, a member or shareholder of the corporation and has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote; or been finally convicted of a felony. 

What is the SJRA fee on my water bill?

SJRA fee is pass-through fee designed to cover the payments made to SJRA. This fee is currently set at $3.04 per thousand gallons and is based on the consumers monthly consumption.